The Institute for Education provides a forum for the extraordinary entrepreneurs and visionary CEOS, foreign Ambassadors, celebrity role models and billionaire activists, foremost heads of state and pioneer philanthropists who are transforming the world to come together for a frank exchange of innovations and new ideas as well as shared opinions about what it takes to cultivate confidence, respect and a work-life balance in some of the most challenging careers. “Women in Power” lunches are hosted by Washington’s elite Female Ambassadors and are by invitation only.
Women in Power Quorums
- Monday, March 6, 2017: Barrett Karr Chief of Staff for House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (CA-23). Hosted by Her Excellency Hunaina Sultan Ahmed Al Mughairy of the Embassy of the Sultan of Oman.
- Friday, September 9th, 2016: Juliet Eilperin, White House Bureau Chief, The Washington Post. Hosted by Ambassador Kirsti Kauppi of Finland at the residence.
- Wednesday, April 20th, 2016: Megan Murphy Bloomberg News’ Washington bureau chief and executive editor for U.S. government. Hosted by Ambassador Maguy Maccario Doyle of Monaco at the residence.
- November 19, 2015: Michelle Lee, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Hosted by Ambassador Claudia Fritsche, Ambassador of Liechtenstein
- October 14 & 27 2015: AOL founder and IFE steward Jim Kimsey and Coach Kemper host “IFE Women in Tech Leadership” lunch. By Invitation only.
- March 17, 2015: Nina Easton, Senior Editor Fortune; Chair, Fortune Most Powerful Women International. Hosted by Ambassador Koukku-Ronde of Finland at the residence.