Overview of Institute for Education (IFE) intern responsibilities: Work is primarily virtual, punctuated by IFE planning meetings, with the exception of attendance at IFE forums and events in public policy, technology and innovation all in pursuit of the mission of IFE. Services and responsibilities required of fellows/interns at IFE events vary upon event type.
As an IFE Fellow/Intern, you will:
- Act as hospitality ambassadors at IFE forums;
- Maintain IFE email distribution list;
- Manage IFE newsletter: learn to use our mail service Vertical Response;
- Manage IFE database;
- Expand IFE’s Social Media outreach;
- General research;
- Edit IFE webpage articles, correspondence, and other documents;
- Help with website maintenance and design; and
- Participate in IFE’s Next Gen Roundtable events and contribute to event planning.
Social Media Interns are the newest addition to Institute for Education intern program. In addition to the role and responsibilities of other IFE Intern, the focus of Social Media interns is to further Institute’s mission statement on digital platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and so forth. As an agile program, the institute seeks interns that are self-starters, driven, communicative, adaptable, creative, and collaborative persons. The Social Media Intern roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage IFE’s Social Media Accounts
- Post content relevant to upcoming IFE Events
- Gather articles for IFE causes
- General research as assigned
The Institute for Education (IFE) internship program encourages young global citizens to begin to contemplate what it means to be a global leader in contemporary times. IFE aspires to cultivate the existing desire for change and a duty to service in young global citizens by applying existing skills while coaching various new skill sets.
One of the many benefits of being an IFE intern is getting to be a fly on the wall as thought leaders, game changers, and opinion leaders speak to Washington’s leadership audience and seeing the collaboration and conversation of diplomacy and civility in action.
These are conversations that are not lost to the echoes of a cavernous room, but nestled and nurtured in the intimate settings of IFE’s event venues that range from embassies, diplomat residences, the White House, and clubs. Attendance at such forums is priceless.
IFE is a lean and agile institution that has room for the thoughts of interns. IFE applauds and encourages initiative and innovation.